i used to believe
if you haven't already, you should check out my link "i used to believe." it's a great site for adding beliefs you had as a kid. there are some pretty funny and ridiculous ones on there. the following are ones that i added:
I grew up in a very religious household and was always told that cursing was very bad. Around age eleven I began to listen to my own music, even some that had curse words. I was always really nervous about playing the music; I thought God would be so mad he'd melt my stereo. Thankfully, it never happened!
Because I grew up with the cartoon "Transformers," I always thought that, when it stormed, the transformer box behind my house would turn into a huge monster machine. I would keep an eye on it, peeking timidly out my back window.
When I was a child, I thought that when it rained, God had stationed one angel each to a large bucket of water. On the count of three, he gave them the go-ahead to turn them over at the same time.
feel free to share yours here!
I grew up in a very religious household and was always told that cursing was very bad. Around age eleven I began to listen to my own music, even some that had curse words. I was always really nervous about playing the music; I thought God would be so mad he'd melt my stereo. Thankfully, it never happened!
Because I grew up with the cartoon "Transformers," I always thought that, when it stormed, the transformer box behind my house would turn into a huge monster machine. I would keep an eye on it, peeking timidly out my back window.
When I was a child, I thought that when it rained, God had stationed one angel each to a large bucket of water. On the count of three, he gave them the go-ahead to turn them over at the same time.
feel free to share yours here!

2 Comments:
At 03 April, 2005 18:20,
ceci n'est pas said…
I used to believe in dualism.
At 04 April, 2005 13:24,
anne lynn said…
when we were little my dad always told us about how the human body was a "machine."
so, naturally, i thought we had gears and stuff inside us, and little men that ran them and oiled them and kept them going, and when they needed our attention they would poke our skin from underneath and that's where's itches came from.
totally not kidding.
also, i used to think that our stomaches had compartments in them and when certain compartments got full, you didn't like that kind of food anymore (case in point: my mom says i used to put ketchup on every single thing i ate, and still to this day i can't even look at or smell condiments of any kind because it makes me really nauseous. i was a rad kid).
Post a Comment
<< Home